Sunday, September 21, 2008

Getting started

I have been absent for a few weeks, enjoying a wonderful overseas holiday and am now ready to jump back into work. Today I start my new job of full-time student. Though I have had a productive morning, I cannot stop thinking of all the housework that needs attention! That is going to be a big issue with working from home. It is time to bring into practice all my time management skills and be disciplined at following a daily schedule.

Why is it always so much easier to see what others need to be doing and to give advice to them? So, I will lead by example and walk the talk so to speak and put procrastination behind me and plan my diary. I think that once you have written something down, you are more inclined to commit to it.

Earlier this year I sat and listed all the components to my ideal job and also a list of things that I wanted to achieve for the year. Well, I am happy to report that my ideal job is life coaching and I have taken all the steps to make this happen. On my second list of things to do, I am still working through it, but it is good to have and to revisit every now and then. I don't want to come to the end of another year and feel that nothing has been achieved. It is in every ones power to change that around and live a fuller life.

Why not do a list for yourself and title it:- In The Next 12 Months I Will .... and you can then think of 4-5 things you'd like to achieve under headings such as health, spiritual, family, work, finance and leisure. See what you come up with, it is fun to do and a great sense of accomplishment when you can tick some of them off.

But now, its time for a coffee!

“...the greatest miracle for me was getting started.”
—V.S. Naipul


1 comment:

Life Coaching with Clare said...

Hi Julie
Great to see you blogging again, how was your trip? Life sounds good!
Love Clare