Sunday, October 12, 2008

Here we are, Monday again!

Reflecting on the week, a lot has been happening. On a world wide scene the financial markets are making history and world wide news, markets and banks falling, advertising doom and gloom and panic in the community. All eyes are looking at our countries leaders to Lead! Wars and terror still make headlines and you have to ask "is there ever any winners?"
At home in Australia, spring has begun and we are suffering a history making drought! Some areas not having had proper rain fall for well over 10 years! In Melbourne, the city is excited with the end of the football season and the start of the spring racing (horses) season.
There are many distractions going on, and they are all out of my control even the ones which effect me!
In my smaller community, I am hearing of friends fighting different battles. From leukemia, to prostate cancer to throat cancer to mental illness to breast cancer to brain damage to marriage trouble. All so varied and each so traumatic to each individual and each family.
All this has really highlighted to me how grateful I am for all I have. I have no control over global or larger happenings in the world, but I can tell my family and friends how much I appreciate them and love them, and choose not to take that for grated.
I heard someone say the world is going through a "birthquake" ~ perhaps we are getting a bit of a shake up, and God wants to remind us to treasure the ones we love.

No comments: