Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Commitment versus trying

Last week, I made a conscious decision to commit to some of those things that never seen to get done. All those little things we talk about doing and know they need to be attended to and we will eventually get around to doing. We all know (I hope I’m not the only one here) what that’s like.

So instead of trying to make time, I decided that the time had come to commit and just do it. Time to stop making excuses and start crossing some of these “need to’s” off my list.

I have, with a little help, set up my own skype address just for me! Though quite small in the big picture I know, it is quite a large step for me into the wondrous world of technology!

It is such a good feeling to have this done. It really didn’t take too much time or effort either and that makes me wonder why I kept putting it off?

Commitment versus trying can be a very powerful statement. It can take us out of the void zone and into the glad I’ve done it zone. I really do agree with someone I heard say that the word “Trying” sounds very whinny! Doing is a much more positive action to use.

Do, doing, done – don’t you love it and it feels so good.

No comments: