Friday, May 23, 2008

Time for Action

I tend to be a procrastinator. I know that I should be doing something and usually do get around to doing it sooner or later. I also know that I am not alone!

I decided this week, to give myself a challenge and put into action something that I have been delaying or putting off. So, me being me, I chose a safe and easy task to begin with. “Clearing the clutter.” This is one thing that really does get me down, living in clutter. So starting with the pantry, whilst cooking dinner, shelf by shelf every item was removed, area cleaned and things neatly returned. I am happy to share with you that all the shelves are looking fabulous. I now know what was living way back in the dark and more than one item have moved on to land fill (sorry about that). Wow, I do feel so much better when I open that pantry door. It is an achievement, though granted a small one. Next on my de-clutter list is the spare bedroom where all the children’s clothes, books and toys are biding their time. Mind you the children are no longer children, so this is a job that is well overdue.

As I work through my list and change my procrastinating habits, it is amazing how good it feels. My next big move is with my coaching and commencing my trial sessions. I have wonderful volunteers’ and am working on my trail session structure, which is just about complete. It will feel very rewarding to then tick off having done several of these sessions.

The word “should” needs to exit my vocabulary and be replaced with the word “will”. I don’t want to be doing what others want me to do, hence what I feel I “should” be doing. It is time to take charge and do the things I want to do and will do.

So here is a challenge for you. What exists in your life right now that you have been delaying? Can you put it into action this week? Start small, baby steps. The sense of accomplishment will be well worth the doing.

No comments: